With so many different beer brands, it is difficult to make a decision on which one to try. Luckily there are a few brands that offer variety packs that give you the chance to taste a range of different beers. It allows you to not only taste a great line up, but to really find out what style of beer you like. Whether you find the appeal of hops in an IPA (India Pale Ale), the balance of a Pale Ale, or the delicate finish of a Belgian Ale, you would benefit from trying the variety packs produced by the New Belgium and Odell Brewing Companies.
The New Belgium Brewing Company Folly Pack comes with a lineup of 5 intriguing beers: 2 Fat Tire amber ales, 4 Mighty Arrow pale ale, 2 Ranger IPAs, 2 1554 black lagers, and 2 Trippel Belgian style ales.
Each style is described below by New Belgium:
- Fat Tire being the most popular and commonly purchased of the 5 is described by New Belgium as being an “amber ale that perfectly balances sweet biscuty and caramel malts, subtle notes of fresh fennel and green apple flavors with hoppy freshness.”
- The Mighty Arrow is characterized as a “pale ale with pleasant bitterness, subtle peach flavor from Amarillo hops, slightly sweet caramel and honey notes, grapefruit, orange and mango flavors.”
- The Ranger is a” clear amber beauty bursts at the starting gate with an abundance of hops: Cascade (citrus), Chinook (floral/citrus), and Simcoe (fruity) lead off the beer, with Cascade added again for an intense dry hop flavor. Brewed with pale and dark caramel malts that harmonize the hop flavor from start to finish, Ranger is a sessionable splendor for all you hopinistas”, as stated by New Belgium.
- The 1554 is stated as a “Black Lager that starts as a bitter chocolate with bright acidity, roasty and toasty, sweetness to round it out sweet/spicy, rooty, peppery undertones, with lingering fruit acidity.”
- The Trippel is described as a “Belgian Style Ale (pronounced triple) opens with a bold blast of hops that slowly gives way to the fruity esters implied by our Belgian yeast strain.”
The second variety pack is the Odell’s Brewing Company Montage. It has a lineup of 4 intriguing craft brews, including 3 each of the 90 Shilling ale, IPA (India Pale Ale), Isolation Ale and Wells Spring saison ale. Each style is unique and described below by Odells:
- The 90 Shilling is characterized by Odell as a lightened up Scottish ale with an irresistibly smooth and delicious medium-body.
- The IPA is defined by Odell as a “bolder and more flavorful – American Style India Pale Ale with added varieties of highly aromatic American hops to create a distinctive bitterness profile and an incredible hop character.”
- The Isolation Ale is described by Odell as, “a sweet caramel malty ale that is balanced by a subtle crisp hop finish.”
- The Wells Spring is said to be “slightly hoppier than the classic Saison, this debut is crisp with notes of lemon pepper, banana, and stone fruit.”
Whether you decide on the 12 pack containing 5 New Belgium beers or the 4 Odell brews, be prepared to taste a wave of unique craft flavors with great balance and incredible aroma.