Have you ever wondered what it’s like behind the scenes at the EPPD? Well, here’s your chance to find out! The EPPD is currently accepting applications for Citizens Academy, a free six-week class that covers traffic enforcement, use of force, DWI enforcement, communications/911, the SWAT Unit and investigations.
Citizens Academy will run for six sessions on Tuesday evenings Sept. 18–Oct. 23 from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Dinner is provided. There is no cost for this event as it is funded by the Eden Prairie Crime Prevention Fund.
By filling out the application you are entering a lottery to be chosen as a participant in the Eden Prairie Police Department Citizens Academy for 2018. There is no guarantee that by filling out this form you will be called to participate, as space is limited. The application deadline is Aug. 24, 2018. You will be notified by letter if you have been chosen to participate.
Before you apply, please note:
- Participants must be at least 21.
- Participants must live or work in Eden Prairie.
- Participants are asked to make the commitment to attend each of the six sessions.
- Participants must pass a simple background investigation.
- Each evening includes a light meal followed by instruction time.
If you have any questions, please contact the EPPD at 952-949-6200.