Each year I have the privilege of hosting our spring and fall employee recognition events. Yesterday was our spring recognition event where we presented our annual employee awards — something we refer to as the “EPys.”
Following an introduction by Mayor Nancy Tyra-Lukens, we honored our fellow employees for reaching milestones in their years of service. We then recognized our fellow employees with the special EPy Awards.
EPy Award recipients are nominated by their peers. The Department Directors and I evaluate the nominations to make a final determination for who will receive the awards. These awards pay tribute to those employees who consistently went above and beyond in 2013 to perform their duties and serve the people of Eden Prairie.
Congratulations to the following 2013 award winners:
- Tina Eide, Community Center: Carl J. Jullie Award for Excellence in Customer Service
- Steve Matula, Fleet Services and Terry Enstad, Building Inspections: Mayor Jean L. Harris Awards for Community Service
- Tiffany Robinson, Finance: James G. Clark Award for Excellence in Teamwork
- Christine Ruzek, Human Resources: Scott H. Neal Award for Excellence in Leadership
- David Lindahl, Economic Development; Patricia Fenrick, Housing and Community Services; Lori Creamer, Planning ; Christy Weigel, Police; and Kelly Hanink, Fire Department: City Manager Quality Awards
Pictured (L to R): Christine Ruzek, Lori Creamer, Patricia Fenrick, Mayor Nancy Tyra-Lukens, Kelly Hanink, Rick Getschow, David Lindahl, Christy Weigel, Steve Matula, Tina Eide and Terry Enstad