It’s now approved!
I am pleased to announce that after nearly a year of work by our Community Development Department staff and many discussions with our City Council, we have an adopted 2012-2018 Strategic Plan for Housing and Economic Development. We pride ourselves in this City with conducting long-range planning- and this effort is no different. This plan is a living document that can be changed and adjusted over time while still allowing us to put our near-term resources in the proper places.
I encourage you to read or at least peruse the plan. It is formatted in a very simple and readable way. Each project is presented at most on one page with graphics and bullet points. Examples of projects in the plan are:
- Southwest Light Rail Transit Initiatives;
- Major Center Area Redevelopment;
- Shady Oak Bridge Reconstruction;
- Business Retention and Expansion Programs; and
- Housing Initiatives- First Time Homebuyer Program and Housing Rehab Loans
It is a good read and it will allow you to have an idea of what our important housing and economic development projects will be in Eden Prairie over the next six years.